Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Thunder Shirt


So I’ll be honest, even though this is a bit embarrassing – I’m a bit of a wimp when it comes to loud noises, such as fireworks, thunder, and I’ll admit it – sneezes. I can get over the “sneeze scare” pretty well on my own, but the thunder & fireworks (oh, add gun shots to the mix) are just too much for me – I OBSESS over the noise for hours (yes, hours). It gets to the point where I just can’t help myself – I pant, drool, and shake uncontrollably.

Over the years, Mom & Dad have been pretty good about trying to help me through these episodes, and have tried various things. Finally, we found one thing that works, or at least alleviated the worst of it (the uncontrollable shaking) – it’s my Thunder Shirt. It’s basically like swaddling a baby – it wraps snuggly around my body and helps calm me, to the point where I can relax a bit. It works pretty quickly too – as soon as I get wrapped in it – ahhhhhh……

Now, I still freak-out a bit, but it helps for sure. So when we had a thunderstorm the other day, and when there were some loud noises last night, I got wrapped, and was able to make it through without too much panic.

By the way – I’m starting a petition to end all loud noises. Let me know if you want to sign it!

WOOF!


No comments:

Post a Comment