Thursday, November 24, 2011
It’s Thanksgiving Day!
Of course, I’m thankful for the plate of food I’ll have later today – Mom & Dad always give me a small plate with some turkey, mashed potatoes and veggies. For dessert, I’ll have a Greenie! But there are some more serious things I’m thankful for:
1. Animal Shelters. I was in two before finding my Mom & Dad – Saving Grace and the Oregon Humane Society. I’m thankful there were kind people, a warm place to stay, and some yummy food to keep me safe and healthy until I found them. I know not all pets are this lucky.
2. My cozy beds. Yes, I have multiple beds – the one Mom & Dad purchased for me, theirs, and the couch. Sometimes I let Mom & Dad on the latter two, but rarely.
3. Dirty dishes! Sometimes I get to lick the plates before they are washed – yum!!!
4. My Dad ~ he takes me on walks, plays with me at the beach, and plays “tug” in the morning when I get bored if there’s no Animal Planet on TV.
5. My Mom ~ she found me at OHS, buys me yummy treats and keeps me in toys, as I tend to destroy them.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my 4-legged friends out there! You 2-legged ones as well!
at 1:14 AM
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Check me out! Do I not look amazingly tough! Oh yeah - I got tired of hearing, "Oh, what a cute puppy!" when left alone in the truck, so I googled "tough looking dog expressions" and practiced my "look". Now when I wait in the truck for Mom & Dad, I sit there with this menacing stare. Oh yeah, I am rockim'-sockim; tough!
Woof! (I mean GRRRR.....)
at 6:17 AM
Monday, November 14, 2011
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Here I am on another hike - White Domes Loop Trail. I really, really wanted to be off-leash on the hike, but as you may recall, I'm eternally grounded from being off-leash. Again, and it bears repeating - as far as the reasons why I can't go off-leash in open areas, it wasn't my fault - I was framed.
at 7:31 AM
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Here I am on the Rainbow Vista Trail! I had a great time! I pulled Mom & Dad all over, hunted for rodents, and stuck my nose in many-a-hole! What I didn't understand was - where was the ocean? I felt sand under my feet, but there was no roar, no salt smell, nothing. Strange.......
at 7:02 AM