I''ll be at Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada - hope our neighbors bring dog treats, 'cuz I plan to do some serious trick-or-treating!
Monday, October 31, 2011
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Sometimes my parents leave me in the car when they go shopping or eat at restaurants. I really don't mind it at all - I get to people-watch/smell and hear lots of comments like, "Oh, how cute!" (Of course I assume these comment refer to me and not the new shoes someone just purchased.) Often Mom & Dad bring me a little bite of something they ate, which is a nice way of them asking for my forgiveness for them not buying me an entire steak. I usually forgive them, too, since you know, they provide me with food, shelter, toys, etc....
at 1:42 PM
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Sunday, October 23, 2011
sofa & parents’ bed) and love, love my pillow. I snore less when I put my head on my pillow. However, what I do NOT love is that the exact point I get my bed stinky & smelly to just the right amount, and that perfect layer of fur all over it, Mom washes it and I have to start all over with the process! Grrrr………
at 12:18 PM
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Thursday, October 20, 2011
So if you follow my parent’s blog, we had some roof trouble with our RV, and we stayed in a hotel room for two nights. Wow! This is my first time in a hotel, and it’s pretty fun - I like the two queen beds – it’s like a dog agility course – running all around and jumping to/from both beds – wahoo!
Unfortunately, I think my parents learned that they’re not the reason I climb into bed with them every night, but the bed itself. I got an entire queen bed t myself both nights – wahoo again!!
at 4:41 PM
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Monday, October 17, 2011
I slept a lot in the truck today too. I did get out a few times to walk and let other dogs know I’ve been here by scenting my new found territories along the way. I slept on-and-off and enjoyed the ride. Mom & Dad told me that “We’re here.” Not sure where “here” is, but I look forward to exploring this new area.
at 6:29 PM
Sunday, October 16, 2011
I love when it’s time to buy me more food! Why? Well, let's list the reasons:
- Let’s face it, I love to eat!
- I enjoy perusing all of the varietals of dog food.
- I usually find a rogue scrap of food on the floor.
- The nice clerks usually offer me a treat.
- It's one of the rare stores I can go inside.
- I love to eat! (Oh, I already said that!)
at 10:24 PM
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Monday, October 10, 2011
I was told that we're leaving the coast tomorrow -which bums me out because I like running on the beach and chasing sticks. But it's cold and rainy here and ironically, although I like the beach, but don't like walking in the rain - I'm a complex individual. So I thought I'd leave you with the picture above ~ my footprint in the sand.
at 6:18 PM
Saturday, October 8, 2011
So I'm not supposed to bring my chews in the couch. I ask, "Why not?" They cover the couch since I'm furry and shed constantly. The servants (Mom & Dad, but in this case Mom mostly) wash the cover a lot. And seriously, what are my options? I want to look out the window. I want to chew. I want to do them at the same time. So duh ~ chew while looking out the window.
Also, who said I was the one who brought the chew on the couch.....maybe it was planted! Maybe I'm being framed! If we had a cat, then that would be the obvious reason both the chew and I are on the couch together, but we don't have a cat. Hmmmm.....maybe Dad's trying to frame me so I get grounded from the couch and he can have it all to himself tomorrow and watch football. Yeah - that's it. Dad's framing me! Well in that case, I better go find something of his to throw-up on...........gotta go!
at 8:35 AM
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Monday, October 3, 2011
I'm an adopted dog! It's October! Therefore, it's my month ~ bring on the Greeenies!
In all seriousness, if you ever think of adopting a dog, here are some tips, courtesy of Wellness Dog Food (my food of choice):
- Involve all family members in the household in the decision process of selecting your pet.
- Determine any constraints of your home. Will your pet of choice need a large yard or do you need a pet best suited for apartment living?
- Determine any constraints of your schedule. Are you able to devote enough time for the exercise, grooming and training that your pet will need?
- Make sure you can afford the pet before making your final decision about bringing a new furry family member into your home. Pure bred pets (especially puppies and kittens) can cost quite a bit. Adopting a pet from a local animal shelter is sometimes more affordable and offers the added benefit of rescuing a pet in need.
- Do you have the time and patience needed to devote to the training of a young pet, or would your family be better suited with an adult?
- Identify what temperament and personality you would like in a pet.
- Do your research. Familiarize yourself with pet breeds to find one that is well suited for your family and lifestyle.
- Have each family member spend some one-on-one time with the pet prior to adoption.
- Find a reputable breeder or adoption center. Know the history and background of your pet before you bring him into your home.
- Go with your gut. If a particular pet “just feels right” chances are he will fit well into your family dynamic.
at 7:49 PM