Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Thanks on Thanksgiving



It’s Thanksgiving Day!

Of course, I’m thankful for the plate of food I’ll have later today – Mom & Dad always give me a small plate with some turkey, mashed potatoes and veggies. For dessert, I’ll have a Greenie! But there are some more serious things I’m thankful for:

1. Animal Shelters. I was in two before finding my Mom & Dad – Saving Grace and the Oregon Humane Society. I’m thankful there were kind people, a warm place to stay, and some yummy food to keep me safe and healthy until I found them. I know not all pets are this lucky.

2. My cozy beds. Yes, I have multiple beds – the one Mom & Dad purchased for me, theirs, and the couch. Sometimes I let Mom & Dad on the latter two, but rarely.

3. Dirty dishes! Sometimes I get to lick the plates before they are washed – yum!!!

4. My Dad ~ he takes me on walks, plays with me at the beach, and plays “tug” in the morning when I get bored if there’s no Animal Planet on TV.

5. My Mom ~ she found me at OHS, buys me yummy treats and keeps me in toys, as I tend to destroy them.


Happy Thanksgiving to all my 4-legged friends out there! You 2-legged ones as well!
Woof!

1 comment:

  1. Dawg! Aren't we lucky that we have awesome pawrents?? And I get to do the dishes too! Mom says that would freak out guests if they knew. Ha!
    Happy gobble gobble day!
    Riley Pup

    ReplyDelete