Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It Wasn't My Fault

So yesterday we went on a long walk along the beach. Now I have shared that I’m perpetually grounded from being off-leash due to a squirrel/running-across-the-road-while-traffic-was-coming incident a few months back. However, for some reason I am allowed to be off-leash while at the beach. (Probably because Dad doesn’t want me to pull him into the surf when I retrieve those endless sticks for him.)

So there I was: running into the water, getting the stick, returning it to Dad. Mom was walking along too, motivating me with praise when I brought the stick back. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a bunch of birds caught my eye, and off I went. Now, did they fly over the ocean, knowing that I won’t swim? No, they flew farther and farther down the beach, and I had (yes, HAD) to chase them at full speed. I thought I heard things like “Zoey, come!” and “Zoey leave it!” and “Zoey, no!”, but I can’t be sure. Needles to say, when I finally returned to Mom & Dad (and for some reason I did not get a treat for “coming” like I often do), I was put on leash! It was embarrassing to have to walk back (and we walked a looong way) on-leash while other dogs were not on leash!

Moral of the story: Don’t trust birds!

Woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment